- Paperback: 364 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 6, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484260996
- ISBN-13: 978-1484260999
Serverless Security: Understand, Assess, and Implement Secure and Reliable Applications in AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud
Apply the basics of security in serverless computing to new or existing projects. This hands-on guide provides practical examples and fundamentals. You will apply these fundamentals in all aspects of serverless computing: improving the code, securing the application, and protecting the infrastructure. You will come away having security knowledge that enables you to secure a project you are supporting and have technical conversations with cybersecurity personnel.
What You Will Learn
- Gain a deeper understanding of cybersecurity in serverless computing
- Know how to use free and open source tools (such as the Node Package Manager, ESLint, and VSCode) to reduce vulnerabilities in your application code
- Assess potential threats from event triggers in your serverless functions
- Understand security best practices in serverless computing
- Develop an agnostic security architecture while reducing risk from vendor-specific infrastructure
At a time when there are many news stories on cybersecurity breaches, it is crucial to think about security in your applications. It is tempting to believe that having a third-party host the entire computing platform will increase security. This Serverless Security book shows you why cybersecurity is the responsibility of everyone working on the project.