Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 715 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (July 6, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492052590
- ISBN-13: 978-1492052593
Programming Rust: Fast, Safe Systems Development, 2nd Edition: Covers Rust 1.50
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and low-level control. Imagine C++ but without dangling pointers, null pointer dereferences, or buffer overruns, and with a deep library of freely reusable libraries. This Programming Rust, 2nd Edition practical guide gives systems and application programmers alike a solid understanding of Rust’s rules, and shows how to put them to work ensuring their programs are not only efficient, but free of broad classes of common errors.
- How to write fast, safe, concurrent programs in Rust
- Rust’s rules for managing memory efficiently, including ownership, borrowing, moves, and lifetimes
- How to design interfaces that fit well into the Rust ecosystem
- Cargo, Rust’s all-purpose tool for building, testing, and managing Rust packages
- High-level features like traits, generics, closures, and iterators that make Rust productive and flexible
Rust brings the benefits of an expressive modern type system to systems programming. Authors of the Programming Rust, 2nd Edition book, Jim Blandy, Jason Orendorff, and Leonora F.S. Tindall demonstrate how Rust’s features put programmers in control over memory consumption and processor use, combining predictable performance with memory safety and trustworthy concurrency.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Pon De Ring Donut Mold Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]