Automation Testing with Cypress
- Paperback: 196 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 9, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 183921385X
- ISBN-13: 978-1839213854
Automation Testing with Cypress: Get to grips with Cypress and implement the concepts you learn with the help of real-world examples and best practices
Cypress is a modern automation testing framework for web-based frontend apps. Learning Cypress will help you overcome the shortcomings of conventional testing solutions such as dependency graph problems, the steep learning curve in setting up end-to-end testing packages, and difficulties writing explicit time waits for your tests.
With this End-to-End Web Testing with Cypress book, you’ll learn how to use different Cypress tools, including time travel, snapshots, errors, and console output, to write fail-safe and non-flaky tests. You’ll discover techniques for performing test-driven development with Cypress and write cross-browser tests for your web applications. As you advance, you’ll implement tests for a sample application and work with a variety of tools and features within the Cypress ecosystem. Finally, this Cypress book covers advanced testing concepts such as visual testing and networking.
- Get to grips with using Cypress and understand its advantages over Selenium
- Explore common Cypress commands, tools, and techniques for writing complete tests for web apps
- Set up and configure Cypress for cross-browser testing
- Understand how to work with elements and animation to write non-flaky tests
- Discover techniques to implement and handle navigation requests in tests
- Implement visual regression tests with Applitools eyes
By the end of this Automation Testing with Cypress book, you’ll be able to set up Cypress for any web app and know how to utilize it to its full potential.