Applied Computational Thinking with Python
- Paperback: 449 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 27, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839219432
- ISBN-13: 978-1839219436
Applied Computational Thinking with Python: Use the computational thinking philosophy to solve complex problems by designing appropriate algorithms to produce optimal results across various domains
Computational thinking helps you to develop logical processing and algorithmic thinking while solving real-world problems across a wide range of domains. It’s an essential skill that you should possess to keep ahead of the curve in this modern era of information technology. Developers can apply their knowledge of computational thinking to practice solving problems in multiple areas, including economics, mathematics, and artificial intelligence.
The Applied Computational Thinking with Python book begins by helping you get to grips with decomposition, pattern recognition, pattern generalization and abstraction, and algorithm design, along with teaching you how to apply these elements practically while designing solutions for challenging problems. You’ll then learn about various techniques involved in problem analysis, logical reasoning, algorithm design, clusters and classification, data analysis, and modeling, and understand how computational thinking elements can be used together with these aspects to design solutions. Toward the end, you will discover how to identify pitfalls in the solution design process and how to choose the right functionalities to create the best possible algorithmic solutions.
- Find out how to use decomposition for solving problems through visual representation
- Employ pattern generalization and abstraction for designing solutions
- Build analytical skills required for assessing algorithmic solutions
- Use computational thinking with Python for statistical analyses
- Understand the input and output needs for designing algorithmic solutions
- Use computational thinking to solve data processing problems
- Identify errors in logical processing to refine your solution design
- Apply computational thinking in various domains such as cryptography, economics, and machine learning
By the end of this Practical Computational Thinking with Python algorithm book, you will have gained the confidence to successfully apply computational thinking techniques to software development.